|Subject:||Bulletin No: 02-001/16|
|Last Issued: 04/15/2016|
This bulletin supersedes the previously issued bulletin(s) listed below. The changes are noted below in Red beside the change bars.
|Previously Issued TSBs:||Date(s) Issued|
|02-001/16||02/23/16 and 01/08/16|
|02-004/15||05/12/15 and 04/24/15|
2014-2016 Mazda3 vehicles (Japan built) with VINs lower than JM1BM******304670 (Produced before November 16, 2015)
2014-2015 Mazda3 vehicles (Mexico built) with VINs starting with 3MZ
Some vehicles may exhibit one or more of the following noises from the front suspension.
- A squeaking noise from the front shock absorber when turning the steering wheel at a vehicle standstill caused by stick-slip between the front strut bearing and the coil spring.
- A popping noise from the front shock absorber when passing over speed bumps caused by the bump stopper contacting the strut bearing when the shock absorber is compressed.
- A creaking noise from the lower arm when driving over road bumps at 20-40 km/h caused by stick-slip of the front lower arm bushing. The noise occurs when the road surface is wet or after a car washing, and becomes more noticeable as the speed bump gets higher.
To correct these problems, the following changes have been made.
- For the squeaking and popping noise, the shape of the bump stopper has been modified and a protector has been installed onto the coil spring.
- For the creaking noise, the friction of the lower arm bushing has been reduced by adding a dry coating. Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.
- Verify the customer concern of noise coming from under the front of the vehicle when driving over speed bumps and/or driving on a rough road and/or turning the steering wheel at a standstill.
- If the noise has been confirmed, check the VIN and perform the appropriate repair procedure according to the following tables.
|Vehicle Spec||Vehicle Type A||Vehicle Type B||Vehicle Type C|
|JM1BM******** (2.5L with B45G-34-111)||100001 – 250356||250357 – 280997||280998 – 304669|
|JM1BM******** (2.0L with B45A-34-111)||100001 – 250356||250357 – 280997||300899 – 304669|
|3MZBM********||100001 – 195510||195511 – 999999||N/A|
|Repair to Perform by Vehicle Type||Vehicle Type A||Vehicle Type B||Vehicle Type C|
|1. Install Protector onto Spring||Perform||DO NOT Perform||DO NOT Perform|
|2. Replace Bump Stopper||Perform||Perform||DO NOT Perform|
|3. Replace Lower Arm Bushing||Perform||Perform||Perform|
- Remove the spring according to MS3 online instructions or the Workshop Manual (section 02-13).
- Degrease 1.5 turns of the spring from the top.
- Cut a thin strip of paper to 138 mm in length (or use a cloth type measuring tape).
- Place the strip of paper (or cloth measuring tape) along the inner side of the coil spring starting at point (A) and mark the spot on the spring where (B) is. (B) is the starting point for the protector installation.
- Install the protector (A) onto the coil spring aligning the end (slant cut side) with the marking at spot (B).
NOTE: Install the protector so the gap (C) is evenly aligned around the outer edge of the coil spring.
Bump Stopper Replacement
- Replace the bump stopper with the modified one according to MS3 online instructions or the Workshop Manual (section 02-13).
- Before removing the mounting rubber, mark its original position so it can be re-installed later to the same position.
- When replacing the bump stopper with a modified one, apply grease to upper side of the bump stopper and to the inside of the bump stopper (on the surface that contacts the damper rod).
CAUTION: It is not necessary to adjust the front wheel alignment because the front shock absorber and mounting rubber are not being replaced. However, make sure to install the mounting rubber to the original position.
|A||Front Shock Absorber||C||Coil Spring|
|B||Mounting Rubber||D||Bump Stopper|
Lower Arm Bushing Replacement
CAUTION: Installation of the modified lower arm bushing will affect the road noise and the riding comfort in a negative way. Therefore, only use this modified part for a customer vehicle with consideration of these adverse effects.
- Remove the front lower control arms (both sides) according to the on-line instructions on MS3 or the Workshop Manual (section 02-13).
- Remove the front lower arm bushing using SSTs 49 G030 797 and 49 B025 004.
- Place the SSTs on the front lower control arm as shown below, then press out the bushing.
- Install the modified bushing using the same SSTs.
- Before installing the new bushing, wipe the inside of the outer tube and make sure it is clean.
- Apply soap suds to the bushing to ease the installation.
- Always wipe off soap suds from the front lower control arm and bushing with a cloth.
- Install the bushing so the projection (A) is pointing toward the front of the vehicle.
CAUTION: Make sure the bushing has been properly inserted by verifying that the bushing tab IS FULLY EXPANDED, as shown in the illustration to the left (A). The illustration to the right (B) shows an example of a bushing tab that IS NOT FULLY EXPANDED.
- After installing the bushing, verify the distance between the front lower control arm (A) and front lower control arm bushing inner pipe (B) equals 5.8 +/- 0.8mm as shown below.
- Reinstall the front lower control arm according to the on-line instructions on MS3 or the Workshop Manual (section 02-13).
NOTE: For the joint sections with rubber bushings, raise the vehicle using a lift, then temporarily tighten the installation bolts and nuts. Lower the vehicle to the ground and tighten them to the specified tightening torque.
- Perform wheel alignment inspection and adjust if necessary.
|Old Part Number||Description||Qty.||Notes||New Part Number|
|B45A-34-111||Stopper, Bump||2||For Japan built 2.0L|
B4YA-34-111 (Service Part) can also be used.
|B45G-34-111||Stopper, Bump||2||For Japan built 2.5L|
B4YG-34-111 (Service Part) can also be used.
|—||Piston Rod Nut||2||All models||9YB0-41-237|
|—||Front Lower Arm Bushing||2||For Japan built|
KDY5-34-470A (Service Part) can also be used.
- For Mexico-built vehicles that are originally equipped with the Bump Stopper (BJS7-34-111), use B45A-34-111A for the repair.
- For Mexico-built vehicles that are originally equipped with the Front Rubber Bushing (BSJ7-34-470), use KD35-34-470C for repair.
- This warranty information applies only to verified customer complaints on vehicles eligible for warranty repair.
- This repair will be covered under Mazda’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty term.
- Additional diagnostic time cannot be claimed for this repair.
- Vehicle Type A: Install Protector and Replace Bump Stopper
- Vehicle Type B: Replace Bump Stopper
|Part Number Main Cause||B4YA-34-111, B4YG-34-111, B45A-34-111A or B45G-34-111A|
|Operation Number / Labor Hours||XXK8NFRX / 0.6 Hrs.|
|Related Part and Quantity||9YB0-41-237||Piston Rod Nut||2||Vehicle Type A and B|
|KDY5-34-081||Protector||2||Vehicle Type B only|
Front Lower Arm
- Vehicle Type A, B and C: Replace Lower Arm Bushing
|Dealer Sublets Wheel Alignment||Dealer Performs Wheel Alignment|
|Part Number Main Cause||KDY5-34-470A (Lower Arm Bushing)|
|Operation Number / Labor Hours||XXK8NARX / 0.8 Hrs.|
(Only replacement of front lower arm bushing)
|XXK8NBRX / 1.8 Hrs.|
- Xtreme Cling foam vigorously clings to vertical surfaces and dissolves brake dust and grime
- Safe and effective on factory painted and clear coated rims, and tires as well
- Visually see dirt and grime lifting off the wheel & tire
- Easy to use and convenient trigger spray, spray-on and hose-off with water
- Leaves rims with a brilliant shine while effectively cleaning
- SAFE ON ALL WHEELS: Acid-free, pH balanced formula won't damage wheels. Safe on various wheel finishes including: Chrome, Aluminum, Steel, Clear Coated, PVD, Painted, Plastic Wheel Covers, Magnesium, AND Aftermarket Wheels
- WATCH IT WORK: The color changing formula activates when it comes in contact with the ferrous metals (iron) from brake dust or other dirt and grime. Full Effect sprays on fluorescent yellow, then turns deep red or purple as it dissolves brake dust
- ADVANCED AND EFFECTIVE CHEMISTRY: Full Effect, non acid wheel cleaner attaches and emulsifies stubborn baked on brake dust. Simply spray on, let it dwell, watch for color change, agitate if necessary, and rinse with water. *For best results rinse using high pressure water
- Full Effect is great for both the DIY (do-it-yourself) and the professional. Effortlessly achieve shining wheels that will make your vehicle look like it just rolled off the showroom floor
- Full Effect needs to be used on cool and dry wheels. Product is ready to use, do not dilute with water. *Use caution when applying this product to anodized wheels and brake systems - test in an inconspicuous area prior to use
- CLEANS AWAY HARMFUL SALT AND WINTER GRIME - Most people dont know how corrosive road salts are to their vehicles. Salt will eat away at your wheels, damage protective clear coats, and quickly create rust spots. CarGuys Premium Wheel Cleaner will safely and effectively wash it all away!
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY Do you know why over the counter products are so CHEAP!? Because they use DIRTY and CHEAP chemicals that are harmful to the environment. All of our products are made in the USA by hard working Americans and conform to all safety regulations. This has been specially formulated to be Acid Free, Non-Toxic, and pH balanced. You can be sure that our products are safe!
- SAFE ON EVERY WHEEL OR TIRE Will NOT damage or stain your wheels. It WILL clean any and every kind of wheel or tire that you can put on your vehicle. Alloy, Aluminum, Anodized, Chrome, Painted, Polished, Clear-coated and Plasti-Dipped Rims! If its not on this list, the answer is yes, it will work!
- BRIGHTEN & CLEAN WHITE WALL TIRES MOTORCYCLE SAFE This cleaner has a use for everything! Do you have a classic car with beautiful white-wall tires? Are you looking for a motorcycle wheel cleaner? This product is for you!
- 100% SATISFACTION MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - No fine printing to read, no gimmicks. Get in contact with us to see what great customer service feels like!
- ✅ WHY CHOOSE ADAM’S WHEEL CLEANER? - Which part of your car takes the biggest beating? Your wheels! Due to constant heat, elements, & constant brake contaminants, your wheels are almost always dirty. Adam’s wheel cleaning chemical formula was specifically formulated to target & eliminate heavy brake dust and leave your wheels spotless!
- ✅ ADVANCED CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY - Our Wheel Cleaner was made to compliment your arsenal of car cleaning supplies. Every basic auto detailing kit needs an effective wheel cleaner, car wash soap, tire shine, & some sort of paint protection. This state of the art wheel cleaner is a simple spray & agitate formula. This chemical is certain to be the best wheel cleaner and brake dust remover that you have ever used.
- ✅ CAR CLEANING MADE EASY - Most wheel cleaners can be harmful to your wheel finish and dissolve more than what you wanted to clean off! Adam’s Polishes Wheel Cleaner gets to work fast and dissolves stubborn metallic contamination. Simply spray our Wheel Cleaner & watch as the brake dust bleeds bright purple & falls off! This acid-free and pH neutral formula penetrates dirt and grime at the source and makes your wheel cleaning time significantly shorter!
- ✅ IS IT SAFE FOR MY WHEEL FINISH? - Adam’s Wheel Cleaner is safe on almost all wheel finishes, which includes clear-coated, powder-coated, chrome, alloy, and painted wheels. However, it may not be safe on anodized raw aluminum, polished aluminum wheels, and aftermarket bare metallic wheels. If you are not sure reach out to us by sending us a message or simply try our Eco Wheel Cleaner or Wheel & Tire Cleaner!
- ✅ 110% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE & USA MADE - At Adam’s, we strive to bring the BEST car cleaning supplies, auto detailing kits, washing accessories, microfiber towels, waxes, sealants, ceramic coatings, mops, brushes, mitts, sponges, garage tools, applicators & other high-quality car cleaning products to the car care industry. If you are not satisfied, let us know & we’ll do everything we can to make it right!
- ✅ ELIMINATES DIRT, BROWNING, AND BRAKE DUST - Which part of your car takes the biggest beating? Your wheels & Tires! Between the heat, elements, and constant brake contaminants your wheels are almost immediately dirty. Adam’s Wheel & Tire Cleaner is a specifically formulated chemical designed to target heavy brake dust and restore your tires back to factory color.
- ✅ SAFE ON MANY FINISHES - Safe on clear-coated, powder-coated, chrome, alloy, and painted wheels. Most wheel cleaners can be harmful to your wheel finish and dissolve more than what you wanted to clean off! Adam’s Polishes Wheel & Tire Cleaner gets to work fast and dissolves stubborn metallic contamination.
- ✅ GET RID OF BROWN TIRES - If you’re happy with brown, old and decrepit tires, look away! If you’re wanting to thoroughly clean your vehicle’s shoes and make them look like new again, then look no further! Adam's Wheel & Tire Cleaner contains a blend of alkaline-concentrated solvents and surfactants to create a high sudsing formula and removes silicones, greases, wax build-up, polymers, and any previously applied dressings to leave your tires and wheels looking new.
- ✅ EXTEND YOUR TIRE DRESSINGS LIFE - Adam’s Wheel & Tire Cleaner is a detailing essential for any user, from rookie to professional. When investing in premium protective options, high foaming soaps, and ultra-premium microfiber towels, your vehicle's shoes need to be kept clean to not take away from the rest of the vehicle. If you choose not to clean your tires, your tire dressings have no chance of sticking around. Clean your tires before with Wheel & Tire Cleaner to maximize your tire shine.
- ✅ 110% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - At Adam’s, we strive to bring the BEST waxes, sealants, ceramic coatings, microfiber towels, wash mitts, garage tools, accessories, detailing kits, sponges, applicators and other high-quality car cleaning products to our customers. If you don’t agree & are not satisfied, let us know and we’ll do everything we can to make it right!
- ☑️ NEW - EASY TO USE + ACID FREE! NEW: Renny Doyle Double Black Collection Version
- ☑️ FOAMING WHEEL CLEANER: Brake Buster's Foaming Action Ensures Complete Coverage
- ☑️ QUICKLY & SAFELY REMOVES: Brake Dust, Oil, Dirt, Stains and Light Corrosion
- ☑️ RENNY DOYLE DOUBLE BLACK COLLECTION: Master Level Professional Detailing Products From P&S - Family Owned & Operated For Over 50 Years!
- Auto & Truck Maintenance
- Country of manufacture: United States
- Manufacturer: TURTLE WAX
- OUTSHINE THE REST
Last update on 2020-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API