2007-2009 CX-9 vehicles with VIN lower than JM3TB******158557 (built before April 23, 2008)
- B2290 – Seat weight sensor signal malfunction
A spike in current larger than normal may run through the communication line between the seat weight sensor and the SAS control module.
This current may damage the seat weight sensor communication circuit located in the SAS control module causing DTC B2290 to set. As a mass-production change the SAS control module has been modified to handle this spike in current.
- Perform the diagnosis procedure for B2290.
- If the diagnostic procedure identifies and repairs the cause of DTC B2290, no further action needed.
- If the diagnostic procedure does not identify and repair the cause of the DTC, go to STEP 2.
- Replace the SAS Control Module with a modified one.