|Subject:||Bulletin No: 01-017/16|
|Last Issued: 08/26/2016|
2013-16 CX-5 vehicles (Japan built) with VINs lower than JM3KE******820183 (produced before May 23, 2016)
2014-16 Mazda3 vehicles (Japan built) with VINs lower than JM1BM******352403 (produced before May 23, 2016)
2014-16 Mazda6 vehicles (Japan built) with VINs lower than JM1GJ******484154 (produced before May 23, 2016)
NOTE: Engine misfire related DTCs (P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304) are usually stored at the same time.
P0201:00: Fuel injector circuit/open cylinder No.1
P0202:00: Fuel injector circuit/open cylinder No.2
P0203:00: Fuel injector circuit/open cylinder No.3
P0204:00: Fuel injector circuit/open cylinder No.4
Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.
- Verify customer concern.
- Check if the PCM is “DENSO” produced. Inspect the PCM label (A) and check the 4-digit code (B) to confirm this code matches with the first 4 digits of DENSO PRODUCED PCM part numbers specified in the GEPC.
|Label with 4 digit code (B)|
- If the PCM is “DENSO”, replace the PCM according to the instructions on MS3 online.
- CX-5: PCM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [SKYACTIV-G 2.0, SKYACTIV-G 2.5]
- Mazda3: PCM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [SKYACTIV-G 2.0, SKYACTIV-G 2.5]
- Mazda6: PCM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [SKYACTIV-G 2.5]
- If the PCM is NOT “DENSO”, this TSB is not applicable. Perform diagnosis for other concerns according to the instructions on MS3 online.
- Verify repair.
|****-18-881*||PCM||1||“DENSO” make PCM|
- This warranty information applies only to verified customer complaints on vehicles eligible for warranty repair.
- This repair will be covered under Federal Emission Warranty or PZEV Warranty, where applicable.
- Additional diagnostic time cannot be claimed for this repair.
|Part Number Main Cause||****-18-881* (Enter the latest PCM part number applicable to the vehicle in repair.)|
|Operation Number / Labor Hours:||XXM65ARX / 0.3 Hrs. (PCM Cover with standard bolts/nuts)|
MDSFA/MMP Required Hardware (Not Included)
As shown in the diagram, an SAE J2534 pass-thru device is required to use the application.
- CarDAQ+ (includes RS232 and Ethernet cables)
- Cable between CarDAQ and Vehicle – CD2534-J1962-FEPS (Sold separately / Required)
Important Information: Mazda makes no representations about the performance of third-party passthru devices. This pass-thru device list is provided voluntarily and as a courtesy. While our software meets SAE J2534, the pass-thru device manufacturer is responsible for making sure their pass-thru device operates properly on each Mazda vehicle and with Mazda software. We have listed the devices below because their manufacturers have attested that the tools have been validated to work. From time to time, we may test these devices. If we determine they do not operate properly or are obsolete, we may remove them from the list, without notice. Additionally, pass-thru devices listed here have been listed for their use with Mazda North American products only. While they may work with some European and other vehicles, they may not meet the requirements for those regions or operate properly.
|**J2534 Pass-thru Device||Manufacturer|
|*CarDAQ+||Drew Technologies Inc.|
|*Snap-On Pass Thru Pro II||Snap-On.|
|*Universal Reprogrammer||EASE Diagnostics|
|*FLASH2 All-Makes Reprogrammer||CARDONE Industries|
|*Bosch Mastertech VCI||Bosch Diagnostics|
*Contact the device manufacturer for the latest DLL and firmware versions.
**Many J2534 manufacturers sell and market similar J2534 devices with like names. Please exercise caution when using the list above for purposes of understanding devices Mazda has validated for use. J2534 Pass-thru Device Suppliers: Mazda has validated the J2534 devices listed on this page. Mazda does not plan to validate additional J2534 devices at this time.
PCM Reprogramming Process Overview
- Purchase a subscription to PCM Reprogramming on this website.
- Download the application and install it on your PC.
- Connect the J2534 pass-thru device to the PC and the vehicle, and power it up.
- Run the application installed on your PC.
- The application will determine whether or not a new calibration file is available.
- If you choose to use the new file, the module will be reprogrammed.
- If PATS functionality is required, it can be chosen from the toolbox.
|Drew Tech CarDaq-Plus 2|
|VSI J2534 ECU Reprogrammer|
|Drew Tech Mongoose Pro Oem Diagnostics And Programing Cable Ford|
PCM Reprogramming Codes
Note: Please ensure that you and your device are capable of using MMP/MDSFA software as refunds will not be available.
The subscription includes access to download a software application that you can install on a PC.
For 2018 and later models:
- Current MDFSFA Release = MDSFA 111.00, released 09/18/2018
- Update version = MDSFA 111.04
For 2017 and earlier models:
- Version MMP 111, released 09/18/2018
You may be required to access Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) when programming a module. A Service Information subscription is not included, but can be purchased separately.