RUST ON LIFTGATE OPENING
|Bulletin No: 09-039/15|
|Last Issued: 10/07/2015|
2013-2016 CX-5 vehicles with VINs lower than (produced before June 7, 2015)
Some vehicles may exhibit rust (A) on the liftgate opening around the left and/or right side stopper (B). The paint in this area may be thinner than normal due to production variances.
The production process has been improved to eliminate this concern.
Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.
- Verify the customer concern.
- Repair the rust/blister damage using normal body shop repainting procedures.
NOTE: The area of possible thin paint is shown below (A).
- Install a new protective film over the stopper area after the paint has fully dried.
- Verify the repair.
- This warranty information applies only to verified customer complaints on vehicles eligible for warranty repair.
- This repair will be covered under Mazda’s “New Vehicle Limited Warranty” or “Paint and Surface Corrosion Limited Warranty” term, whichever is applicable to the vehicle in repair.
- Additional diagnostic time cannot be claimed for this repair.
- Distributor’s authorization is required prior to performing the repair exceeding the cost specified by Prior-Approval Policy.
|Symptom Code||53 (Rust)|
|Damage Code||9Y (Rust)|
|Location Code||RER (Rear Side)|
|Part Number Main Cause||7777-SP-K41|
|Operation Number / Labor Hours:||Repair is performed by in-house body shop
XXL6TXPT / Actual Time
|Sublet:||Repair is performed by an independent body shop Actual Repair Cost with Sublet Code “A2”|
NOTE: Submit G043-62-864A (Protective Film) (Qty. = 1 or 2) as related part.