ENGINE OIL FLEXIBLE MAINTENANCE DOES NOT WORK
|Bulletin No: 01-019/15|
|Last Issued: 08/06/2015|
2014-2015 Mazda3 vehicles (Japan built) with VINs lower than JM1BM******267077 (produced before March 30, 2015)
2014-2015 Mazda3 vehicles (Mexico built) with VINs lower than 3MZBM******207478 (produced before April 1, 2015)
2016 Mazda6 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1GJ******425952 (produced before April 8, 2015)
2016 CX-5 vehicles with VINs lower than JM3KE******656820 (produced before April 8, 2015)
Some customer using “Flexible” setting for Oil Change in the maintenance monitor may notice that the oil change due notification will not work because of improper control logic of the PCM. This TSB is applicable for the following cases.
- The oil change due notification does not come on, even after mileage exceeded 10,000 miles.
- Oil life in the center display is still less than 40% even though the mileage exceeded 7,000 miles.
To display “Flexible” setting and “Oil life” on the center screen, select the “Applications” screen, “Maintenance”, then “Oil Change” tab. For complete details, refer to the “MAINTENANCE MONITOR OPERATION PROCEDURE” in the Workshop Manual.
Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.
- Reboot the IDS to clear memory before reprogramming.
- Using IDS 96.01 or later software, reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration (refer to “Calibration Information” table) by following the “Module Reprogramming” procedure.
- Verify the current PCM file name in the vehicle by the log view screen. If it is the same as found in the chart below (or later), it is not necessary to reprogram the PCM.
- Always update the IDS tool first, then follow the on-screen instructions to download the calibration file for PCM reprogramming.
- Refer to “Service Caution for reprogramming” on MS3 IDS Page.
- After reprogramming, verify the file name matches with the chart below.
- It is not necessary to remove any fuses or relays during PCM reprogramming when the IDS screen prompts you to do so. You may accidentally stop power to one of the PCM terminals and cause the PCM to be blanked, or you may receive error messages during the IDS reprogramming procedure.
- IDS shows the calibration part numbers after programming the PCM.
- Please be aware that PCM calibration part numbers and file names listed in any Service Bulletin may change due to future releases of IDS software, and additional revisions made to those calibrations for service related concerns.
- When reprogramming a PCM, IDS will always display the “latest” calibration P/N available for that vehicle. If any calibration has been revised/updated to contain new information for a new service concern/issue, it will also contain all previously released calibrations.
- Start/Stop button vehicles only: DO NOT press the start/stop button during the reprogramming process.
- When performing this procedure, we recommend using the “Power Supply” mode in the Battery Management System to keep the vehicle battery up to capacity. If a different charger is used, make sure it does not exceed 20 AMPS. If it exceeds 20 AMPS, it could damage the VCM.
- After performing the PCM reprogramming procedure, clear DTCs.
- After clearing DTCs, start the engine and confirm that no warning lights stay on.
- If any DTCs should remain after performing DTC erase, diagnose the DTCs using MS3 online instructions or Workshop Manual section 01-02.
- After PCM reprogramming, it is no longer necessary to road test the vehicle to “relearn” KAM (Keep Alive Memory).
2014-15 Mazda3 (Mexico built) for VINs starting with 3MZ
2014-15 Mazda3 (Japan built) for VINs starting with JM1
|PY2P-188K2-F||w/ i-ELOOP, Mitsubishi|
|PYFG-188K2-A||w/ i-ELOOP, Denso|
|PY2S-188K2-F||w/ i-ELOOP, Mitsubishi|
|PYFJ-188K2-A||w/ i-ELOOP, Denso|
|PY2R-188K2-F||w/ i-ELOOP, Mitsubishi|
|PYFH-188K2-A||w/ i-ELOOP, Denso|
|PY2T-188K2-F||w/ i-ELOOP, Mitsubishi|
|PYFK-188K2-A||w/ i-ELOOP, Denso|
|PY9X-188K2-C||w/ i-ELOOP, Mitsubishi|
|PYAA-188K2-C||w/ i-ELOOP, Denso|
|PYAF-188K2-B||w/ i-ELOOP, Mitsubishi|
|PYAG-188K2-B||w/ i-ELOOP, Denso|
- This warranty information applies only to verified customer complaints on vehicles eligible for warranty repair.
- This repair will be covered under Mazda’s Federal Emission Warranty (long term) or Calif. PZEV Emission Warranty.
- Additional diagnostic time cannot be claimed for this repair.
|Part Number Main Cause||5555-RP-PCM|
|Operation Number / Labor Hours||XXL5GXFX / 0.3 Hrs.|
MDSFA/MMP Required Hardware (Not Included)
As shown in the diagram, an SAE J2534 pass-thru device is required to use the application.
- CarDAQ+ (includes RS232 and Ethernet cables)
- Cable between CarDAQ and Vehicle – CD2534-J1962-FEPS (Sold separately / Required)
Important Information: Mazda makes no representations about the performance of third-party passthru devices. This pass-thru device list is provided voluntarily and as a courtesy. While our software meets SAE J2534, the pass-thru device manufacturer is responsible for making sure their pass-thru device operates properly on each Mazda vehicle and with Mazda software. We have listed the devices below because their manufacturers have attested that the tools have been validated to work. From time to time, we may test these devices. If we determine they do not operate properly or are obsolete, we may remove them from the list, without notice. Additionally, pass-thru devices listed here have been listed for their use with Mazda North American products only. While they may work with some European and other vehicles, they may not meet the requirements for those regions or operate properly.
|**J2534 Pass-thru Device||Manufacturer|
|*CarDAQ+||Drew Technologies Inc.|
|*Snap-On Pass Thru Pro II||Snap-On.|
|*Universal Reprogrammer||EASE Diagnostics|
|*FLASH2 All-Makes Reprogrammer||CARDONE Industries|
|*Bosch Mastertech VCI||Bosch Diagnostics|
*Contact the device manufacturer for the latest DLL and firmware versions.
**Many J2534 manufacturers sell and market similar J2534 devices with like names. Please exercise caution when using the list above for purposes of understanding devices Mazda has validated for use. J2534 Pass-thru Device Suppliers: Mazda has validated the J2534 devices listed on this page. Mazda does not plan to validate additional J2534 devices at this time.
PCM Reprogramming Process Overview
- Purchase a subscription to PCM Reprogramming on this website.
- Download the application and install it on your PC.
- Connect the J2534 pass-thru device to the PC and the vehicle, and power it up.
- Run the application installed on your PC.
- The application will determine whether or not a new calibration file is available.
- If you choose to use the new file, the module will be reprogrammed.
- If PATS functionality is required, it can be chosen from the toolbox.
|CarDAQ-Plus 2 Diagnostic Code Reader and J2534 Programming Tool|
|VSI J2534 ECU Reprogrammer|
|Drew Tech Mongoose Pro USB to CAN ISO9141 Interface|
- Special Tools & Information
- As Built Data for all other Mazda Vehicles
- As Built Data for Truck, Tribute and 2003-2013 Mazda6
- 🚒TOP-LEVEL HEAVY TRUCK DIAGNOSIS: Want to diagnose different kinds of vehicles? Autel MaxiSysCV that comes with J2534 ECU Programming Device is the diagnostic tool you need! You can use comprehensive diagnostic functions including ECU Information, Trouble Codes, Live Data, Active Test, and Special services for Experts (Allison, Bendix, Caterpillar, Volvo, Freightliner, etc.), Buses (Volvo, Hino, Isuzu, Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, etc.) and even Trucks (Volvo, Dodge, Ford, Foton, Mack, etc.).
- 🚛CODING FOR OPTIMIZING PERFORMANCE: With Autel MS908CV, Optimizing vehicle performance is not that hard! The 100% safe ECU Coding allows you to change options within the vehicle’s ECU to modify features for the tested vehicle. Note: Coding only changes preprogrammed options already existent in the software. ✔️High Beams and Fog Lights Together ✔️Double Blink Hazards ✔️Digital Accurate MPH Gauge ✔️Enhanced Bluetooth Enable, etc.
- 🚜SERVICE FUNCTIONS FOR FAST MAINTENANCE: You can complete a series of scheduled services and maintenance with only one MaxiSysCV. Free from the trouble of changing basic OBD2 scanners frequently to get related services. The most commonly performed service functions include Oil Reset, EPB, Brake Bleeding, DPF & SCR, IMMO & Keys, Injector, Throttle and more.
- 🚌USER-FRIENDLY FEATURES FOR HIGH EFFICIENCY: No fuss with complex operations! The user-friendly MaxiSysCV diagnostic tool reduces your fatigue. AutoVIN Scan allows you to check all the ECUs of the tested car in less than 1 seconds. Remote Desk Operation offers workshops a channel of controlling customers’ MaxiSys tablets for immediate technical support. Data/Shop Manager reduces the time spent on managing diagnostic files, workshop information, and more.
- 🚗POINTS FOR AFTER SERVICES: 1.About Quality: Autel MaxiSysCV is designed with advanced configuration (Android4.0 OS, Samsung Exynos 4-Core Processor, etc.) for smooth and reliable using. 2.About Warranty & Update: Within one year, Products with defectives in material or workmanship will be repaired or replaced free of charge and It’s free to update the software at regular intervals to increase MS908CV’s capabilities. 3. About Service: Autel is ready to answer any questions 7* 24 hours.
- The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues. Welcom to contact [email protected] or ask through Q&A for your specific need and to ensure the vehicle compatibility.
- The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service.
- MK908P, as the advanced version of MS908P,MS908S,MS908E, MS908PS PRO, features the 10.1” 1920*1200 screen upgraded from 9.7” 1024*768, and the battery capacity is 15000mAh increased by 4000 mA. Also, it has a better anti-impact protection design.
- The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems.
- The MaxiFix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software.
- ❄【ALL-ROUND IMMO FUNCTIONS】: Autel MaxiIM IM608 is a versatile Key Programming Diagnostic Tool with the core of comprehensive IMMO Services. You can read PIN/CS (all key lost), perform Key Learning, Remote Control Learning, Remote Control Add, etc. via Smart Mode (for guided and automated key learning ) or Expert Mode (for advanced key learning).
- ❄【OE-LEVEL CAR KEY PROGRAMMING】: Integrated Car Key Programmer XP400 is to read transponder data (especially Benz infrared smart key), clone and generate exclusive keys, read/write on-board EEPROM data, etc. Included J2534 ECU Reprogrammer is for PC communication and ECU reprogramming capability. They work in combination with the IM608 to get the key programming work done in high efficiency and convenience. To check compatibility, contact [email protected] or ask through Q/A.
- ❄【23 SPECIAL SERVICE FUNCTIONS】 : 23 commonly-used service functions (Oil Reset, EPB/BMS/SAS/DPF, etc.) helps quickly access to the vehicle systems for scheduled service and maintenance. Oil reset is to get the oil life reminder reset every time the oil is changed; EPB service is significant for deactivating and activating the brake control system, assisting with brake fluid control.
- ❄【VEHICLE ECU CODING】 : It’s not a difficult task to modify preprogrammed software to improve vehicle performance anymore. While performing the works like remembering settings for Start/Stop systems, activating cornering headlights with fog lights, enabling multiple functions of the comfort module, Autel IM608, featuring ECU coding, can ensure the tested car is safe on the road.
- ❄【12-MONTH UPDATE & WARRANTY】: You get a worry-free purchase. Within 12 months after purchase, you can easily get the newest version of the Autel IM608 for free via Auto update; material or workmanship defectives can be guaranteed without additional charges. Note: English is the default language, if needed, feel free to offer us the serial number to add required languages. Again, we welcome you to contact [email protected] or ask through Q/A for your specific need.
- ADVANCED ECU CODING Exceptional OE-Level functionality from comprehensive OBDII diagnostics & services to advanced ECU coding and programming working with a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant vehicle programming pass-thru interface
- EXTENSIVE VEHICLE COVERAGE; The most extensive complete system coverage for more than 80 US domestic, Asian and European makes and models
- AUTOMATIC SYSTEM Automatic system and software updates with real-time push message notifications via internet with instant remote control tech support anytime, anywhere and interactive Data Logging sessions enable direct contact with Autel
- ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS Support for first-hand troubleshooting of diagnostic bugs and errors, and one-stop multitasking designed for ideal management of workshop operations to keep all data files, customer info, and vehicle records well organized
- UNIQUE ERGONOMIC DESIGN; with rubberized outer protection and a rugged internal housing
- Wireless connection - simple plug and play configuration Upgraded support includes 802 11bgn
- High Speed USB 2 0 Connection with improved protection and faster performance
- Improved stability during engine crank with extended temperature range
- Enclosure design protects from exposure to fluids and drops
- Additional vehicle communications protocols include upcoming Global B vehicles with faster data buses SAE J2534 and ISO-22900 compliant
- 【Advanced IMMO & Key Programming】Autel IM608 is a perfect choice for auto technicians and locksmiths to encrypt keys, add keys, change keys, and generate keys. The Smart Mode and Expert Mode in IMMO app offer you guided and advanced Key Learning to choose. The Autel scanner can also read/write various key chips helping perform complete key programming quickly. 🔥Note: IM608 just can be used in the US. Don’t take it to other countries or change the IP.
- 【ECU Coding & Active Test】Active Test helps you accurately figure out whether a specific subsystem or component in vehicles goes well. This function may appear as Actuators, Actuator Test, or Function Tests, and the tests options vary by vehicle manufacturer and model. After repairs or replacements of vehicle parts, Autel IM608 can reprogram adaptive data for certain components of the test vehicle through ECU Coding.
- 【Reliable Key & ECU Programming Tools】 Equipped with XP400 key programmer and MaxiFlash ECU reprogrammer, this Autel scanner performs IMMO Add Key, All Key Lost and Key Learning for 3rd generation Benz. Besides convenient PC communication and ECU reprogramming capabilities from the MaxiFlash tool, it can read transponder data (including Mercedes Benz infrared smart key), clone/generate exclusive keys, etc. by working with the XP400 key programmer.
- 【Language & Wide Compatibility】When you get this Autel scanner, it only supports English. 🔥You can get the required language by providing the serial number for customer service via ▶[email protected]◀. Compatible with more than 80 makes and models from the US, Asian and European, the Autel IM608 can perform OE-Level all-system diagnostics for Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GM, Jeep, etc.
- 【12-Month Free Update & Warranty】Autel IM608 comes with a 1-year free update online to improve the apps’ capabilities by adding critical patches, new models, etc. When the 1-year update expires, it will cost $1250 per year to continue updating. A 12-month warranty gives you a guarantee for any possible quality problems. For any question, feel free to ask the customer service.
- FORScan TESTED and RECOMMENDED USB OBD2 Adapter: with labeled MS-CAN/ HS-CAN switch, specially designed for Ford Mazda vehicles, allowing access to more modules than regular OBD2 scanners.
- Dealer-level Diagnostics: read and reset Diagnostic Trouble Codes, view real-time sensor data (PIDs) from various modules on HS-CAN & MS-CAN networks, such as Engine, Transmission, ABS, Airbag, TPMS etc.
- Customize, Program and Service: configure the as-built data of your vehicle, enable hidden features & disable existing features, and run specific tests & service procedures without having to visit a dealer. For example, program keys, disable double horn honk, turn on daytime running lights.
- Supported platforms: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, and Android via OTG (OTG cable not included). Baud rate up to 500 Kbps.
- Compatible with Ford, Mazda, Lincoln and Mercury cars and trucks since year 1996, including Ford F150, F250, Ranger, Fusion, Explorer, Edge, Mustang, etc. May also work with other OBD-II compliant vehicles over other software (functions depending on software).
- VCX is designed on the basis of the latest automotive international standards so that it can support many professional automotive diagnostic applications
- WIFI Version VXDIAG VCX Nano compatible for TOYOTA and Lexus, support both USB connection and WIFI connection, support latest version software, Compatible with varieties protocols. can be very easy to connect various automotive bus to a PC
- OS support both WINDOWS XP and Windows 7, Software support multi-languages: Chinese, English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, ec
- Small size, easy to carry and convenient for us
- One year warranty
- ECU PROGRAMMING: The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues.
- VEHICLE COVERAGE: The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service.
- ADVANCED HARDWARE: MK908P, as the advanced version of MS908P, features the 10. 1” 1920*1200 screen upgraded from 9. 7” 1024*768, and the battery capacity is 15000mAh increased by 4000 mA. Also, it has a better anti-impact protection design.
- BI-DIRECTIONAL CONTROL: The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICE: The MK908P is designed to serve users with a rich array of easy-to-use functions and features. The Maxi Fix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software.
- VXDIAG VCX 2 in 1 works for both Ford and Mazda, support Ford and Mazda Diagnose and Programming
- Worth to own: Support J2534 protocol, this device actually works faster than Obdlink MX and ELM327 devices with Forscan, it can also works with FJDS license for programming. This is a great alternative to buying an expensive VCM2 for programming modules
- Support vehicle till 2019 year（Not works for FORD F150,F250,F350,F450,F550,F650,F750 before 2010）,Support Multi-Languages
- VXDIAG VCX NANO is an OEM diagnostic interface for the vehicles of Ford and Mazda. It can be compatible with OEM software of Ford IDS and Mazda IDS
- Full Technical Support Online: Firmware support update online. For software installation, you can feel free to contact us via amazon message, our engineer will provide online support by teamviewer or video
Last update on 2020-05-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-05-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API