|Subject:||Bulletin No: 09-035/16|
|Last Issued: 05/19/2016|
Following a change to the seat weight sensor, urethane pads were added to the passenger-side seat cushion to improve seating comfort. Due to the addition of the urethane pads (which were not installed on the driver-side seat), it takes longer for the passenger-side seat to warm up.
To eliminate this concern, the heater wattage for the passenger-side seat warmer has been increased. Also, the Coupler, Box (Seat Warmer Control Unit) has been changed to cope with the increased wattage.
Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.
- Verify the customer concern.
- Replace the Heater/Pad (R) Front Seat Cushion and Heater/Pad (R) Front Seat Back and the Coupler, Box (Seat Warmer Control Unit) with modified parts according to the instructions on MS3 online or the Workshop Manual:
CAUTION: Make sure to install all three (3) modified parts as a set. If not installed as a set, the seat warmer will not operate properly.
(Section 09-13 FRONT SEAT CUSHION TRIM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION).
(Section 09-13 FRONT SEAT BACK TRIM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION).
(Section 09-13 SEAT WARMER CONTROL UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION).
- Verify the repair.
|KA0K-88-11XA||Heater / Pad (R), Front Seat Cushion||1||—||KA0K-88-11XB|
|KA0K-88-13X||Heater / Pad (R), Front Seat Back||1||—||KA0G-88-13X|
|KA0K-88-092||Coupler, Box||1||Service Part||KAYG-88-092|
|NOTE: The three (3) new parts listed above are NOT interchangeable with the old parts. The new parts must be installed as a set. If the old and new parts are mixed, the seat warmer will not operate properly and there is also a possibility the seat weight sensor durability could be affected.|
|—||Knob (R), Knuckle||1||”R” part||KD45-88-1G5-02|
NOTE: The following caution label is attached to the top of the modified Coupler, Box (KAYG-88-092) service part. The label indicates that the same modified service part should be used again, in the event of a future parts replacement.
- This warranty information applies only to verified customer complaints on vehicles eligible for warranty repair.
- This repair will be covered under Mazda’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty term.
- Additional diagnostic time cannot be claimed for this repair.
|Part Number Main Cause||KA0K-88-11XB|
|Operation Number / Labor Hours:||XXM37XRX / 2.0 Hrs.|
NOTE: This bulletin only applies to vehicles equipped with cloth seats, not leather.