|Subject:||Bulletin No: 09-027/16|
|Last Issued: 04/28/2016|
2013-2016 CX-5 vehicles with VINs lower than JM3KE******800037 (produced before April 1, 2016)
Some vehicles may exhibit rust or blistering on the inner side of the liftgate/trunk lid, where it contacts the weatherstrip (as shown below). The paint may become damaged by weatherstrip chafing caused by liftgate/ trunk lid vibration while driving.
Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.
- Verify the customer concern.
- Repair and repaint the rust or blistered areas on the liftgate/trunk lid according to normal bodyshop repair practices.
- Do not replace the weatherstrip unless it is damaged.
- It is only necessary to repair affected area(s); it is not necessary to repaint the entire liftgate.
- Verify the repair.
- This warranty information applies only to verified customer complaints on vehicles eligible for warranty repair.
- This repair will be covered under Mazda’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Paint and Surface Corrosion Limited Warranty term, whichever is applicable to the repair vehicle.
- Distributor’s authorization is required prior to performing the repair exceeding the cost specified by Prior-Approval Policy.
- Additional diagnostic time cannot be claimed for this repair.
|Location Code||P35 (Liftgate)|
|Part Number Main Cause||7777-SP-K66|
|Operation Number / Labor Hours:||If the repair is performed by in-house body shop, enter the operation number “XXM14XPT” and the actual time.|
|Sublet:||If the repair is performed by an independent body shop, enter the actual repair cost (maximum of $500.00) with the sublet code “A2”.|