Squeaking noise when engaging or disengaging the clutch.
- Use a stethoscope to confirm the source of the noise is the clutch release cylinder located in the transmission bell housing.
- If the noise is from the clutch release cylinder, obtain the Dow Corning Molykote G-n Metal Assembly Paste and clutch kit listed in the PARTS INFORMATION and proceed to Step 2.
- If the noise is not from the clutch release cylinder, do not continue with this service bulletin. Follow normal diagnostics as outlined in the Workshop Manual section 05.
NOTE: THE USE OF DOW CORNING MOLYKOTE G-N METAL ASSEMBLY PASTE IS A CRITICAL COMPONENT OF THIS PROCEDURE AND MUST BE APPLIED AS INDICATED.
- A 2.8 oz. (79.3 g) tube of Dow Corning Molykote G-n Metal Assembly Paste may be obtained from a local source or one of the following suppliers:
- In the United States contact Motion Industries at 1-586-726-6262.
- In Canada contact Paisley Products at 1-514-344-0218 extension 226.
- Remove the transmission.
- Replace the clutch disc and pressure plate.
- Remove the two bolts and the clutch release cylinder from the transmission.
- Apply a thin film of Dow Corning Molykote G-n Metal Assembly Paste to the new clutch release cylinder bearing face as well as on each of the clutch fingers of the pressure plate.
NOTE: Only 1-2 oz. (28-57 g) of grease is required per vehicle.
- Install the new clutch release cylinder. Torque the attaching bolts to 15 lb-ft (20 N.m).
- Reinstall the transmission.
- Bleed the clutch release cylinder.
|Obtain locally||2.8 oz (79.3 g) tube of Dow Corning Molykote G-n Metal Assembly Paste||1||In the United States contact Motion Industries at 1-586-726-6262||In the Canada contact Paisley Products at 1-514-344-0218 ext. 226|
|1F71-16-400||2.3L Clutch Kit||1||—|
|1F70-16-400||3.0L Clutch Kit||1||—|
|1F72-16-400||4.0L Clutch Kit||1||—|
NOTE: DOW CORNING MOLYKOTE G-N METAL ASSEMBLY PASTE MUST BE OBTAINED LOCALLY.